How to install SWP
- First of all Gnuplot have to be installed.
- After (downloading or compiling SWP executables — swp for Linux or swp.exe for Windows and libraries — swp*.so for Linux or swp*.dll for Windows — files have to be copied to directory (folder) listed in PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH (linux) correspondingly.
Method 1: Using installer
Fedora users could install RPM packages. Users of other linux distributions could use Alien package converter. Windows users could use Windows Setup awailable for downloading.
Method 2: Copy to system directory (folder) — administrative access only
SWP executables could be copied to directory used by system for application executables by default.
linux usually uses one of the following directory:
Windows usually uses one of the following folder:
SWP libraries for Windows (*.dll) should be copied to the same folder. Linux libraries (*.so) should be copied to the directory listed in environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH or designed for libraries by default, usually one of the flowing directory:
In this case user would be able to run SWP by executed command
Method 3: Copy to any directory (folder)
If you could not or don't want to touch system directory SWP executable and library could be placed to any folder. This folder should be added to PATH environment variable.
For system-wide change for all uses.
- Linux: add to the end of /etc/profile
PATH=$PATH:/home/users/swp_0.6; export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRAY_PATH:/home/users/swp_0.6; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
- where /home/users/swp_0.6 should be substituted with actual SWP directory.
- Windows: My Computer right-click, Properties, Additional, Environment Variables. Edit system (top frame) PATH variable &mdash add to the end
- where d:\path\swp_0.6 should be change to actual folder.
Without administrative access or installing SWP for current user only:
- Linux: add to the end of ~/.bash_profile
PATH=$PATH:/home/users/swp_0.6; export PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/users/swp_0.6; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
- where /home/users/swp_0.6 is actual SWP directory.
- Windows: My Computer right click, Properties, Additional, Environment Variables. Edit local (bottom frame) PATH variable by adding
- where d:\path\swp_0.6 should be actual SWP directory.
Reboot may be required to changes take place.
METHOD 4: Using without installing
Full path for SWP executables could be entered each time. SWP executables and libraries could be copied to directory containing script. Linux users could execute
to use libraries from current folder.